Sunday, August 22, 2010

Upcoming Sorcery & Super Science! products

I've just put the finishing touches on Objects Below the Shattered Moon, which will be a short PDF with 3 new items, 36 new artifacts,  and 5 new creatures that are summoned/created by said artifacts. Also, Creatures Below the Shattered Moon, containing 17 new creatures is finished and it too will be a short PDF. Well, almost finished. We're waiting on some art for both of those projects.

After those two come out, I'm going to start focusing on more setting-specific material. There are two products in the works for this. The first is the ZZZ Guide to North America Under the Shattered Moon, which will be a large-scale overview of all of the area shown on the map on the back of the core rules. The second is The Vulture Men of Waukegan - a gazetteer of that particular region of North America under the shattered moon. Its in that area that The House of Blue Men resides.

Finally, I'm also working on another location-based adventure called The Scourge of the Rat Men. It too starts in Deplac Village, but leads to a different location than The House of Blue Men. This is the adventure that Suzi's ran at Origins and Gen Con. I'll be changing it up a bit, of course, as a 4 hour con game doesn't make for a good multi-session play-at-home adventure, but the heart of the adventure will remain the same.

So that's what's up with the Sorcery & Super Science line at the moment. Some small PDFs providing additional options for GMs, two gazetteer-type setting products, and an adventure location. We've got our grubby little paws a'working so you can get your grubbly little paws on some more S&SS stuff soon. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to all of these! I would like to see more monsters sort of in the vein of D&D monsters. Sort of, I said. Something like a bulette or a beholder would be neat. And more Whispers! I have another Whisper I need to logic out at higher thresholds and would love to see more.

jgbrowning said...

Hopefully the first volume will satisfy that desire, but if not, I've already started on the second short monster PDF which will double your chances.

Unknown said...

Just picked up the hardcopy of the main rules at my local game store. On the initial thumb through, I must say I am impressed. The task resolution is the smoothest I have seen in years (and I have been playing for quite a few). My wish list for future releases would be rules on environmental hazards (falling, drowning, burns, etc.) and a bare bones rules for vehicle combat. Hope to see much, much more releases for S&SS, as well as other lines using this dicing convention. Cheers.

jgbrowning said...

Glad to hear you like the game, Jon. I think it is a very elegant system and I've been contemplating porting it into other genres and other lines. Fantasy and pulp would be, IMO, probably the easiest port, but part of me is tempted to go for a supers game using the floating dice system. I do worry about the probability changes when multiple dice are used, however, so it would probably need to be a lower-power supers game rather than an upper-power one.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP