Thursday, June 23, 2011

#@!%^*! Viruses

I've just spent 6 hours removing a particularly nasty virus from my system called Vista Anitvirus 2012. Fucker hijacks all your .exe files and makes them unexecutable. You have to use the administer login to bypass, and run a full scan (non McAffe - which is, surprise, surprise, surprise the antivirus software I use) to finally nail it down and remove it.

2nd virus in about 15 years, however, so my average isn't too bad. This one was my own damn fault for closing a pop-up not using the right-click on the tab bar method or the Ctrl-Alt-Del method to completely shut down my browser when I think something's hinky.

2 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

Viruses, what fun.

Unknown said...

Ouch! I hate it when that happens. had to do a system restore about six months ago because of something like that.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP